FUNCTIONS OF ACCOUNTS DEPARTMEN
- The Accounts Department of the Railway Administrations is mainly responsible for :
- Keeping the accounts of the Railway in accordance with the prescribed rules;
- The check with reference to Rules or orders (known as “INTERNAL CHECK”) of transactions affecting the receipts and expenditure of Railway;
- Prompt settlement of proper claims against the Railway;
- Tendering as part of its important functions, advice to Administration whenever required or necessary in all matters involving Railway Finance;
- Compilation of Budgets in consultation with other departments and monitoring the budgetary control procedures as may be laid down in the relevant orders and code rules from time to time;
- Generally discharging other management accounting functions such as providing financial data for management reporting, assisting inventory management, participation in purchase/contracting decisions and surveys for major schemes in accordance with relevant rules and orders; and
- Seeing that there are no financial irregularities in the transactions of the Railway.
INSTRUCTIONS TO SUPPLIERS/CONTRACTORS
- Tederers should furnish NEFT particulars along with their quotations.
- Suppliers/Contractors payments will be made through NEFT only w.e.f. 01.06.2010
- All the suppliers should enroll for NEFT payment made and option forms and e-mail id particulars are to be forwarded to FA & CAO’s Office.
- Payment through NEFT is based on the vendor No. / supplier code available in the purchase orders. Suppliers may obtain Vendor No. from Stores Department.
- In case of contractors, the vendor code may be obtained from the concerned executive department and NEFT option forms may also be submitted to the concerned executive departments.
- Suppliers / Contractors should mention their vendor no, bank account no (in full) and IFSC in their bill which will be verified with the particulars already submitted by the firms.